Music Production Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
In 2021, creatives are beginning to understand the value of Intellectual Property and negotiating better deals. It's imperative that freelancers and creatives alike have the tools and knowledge to not only survive, but thrive.
Are you a producer, beat-maker or audio engineer? Or perhaps you have the talent but need more direction when it comes to the business aspect of the music industry and you want to take your career to the next level. Then this workshop is for YOU.
We are looking for the most diverse male and female producers across west africa - where will be bridging the gap between theory and practical knowledge. And giving ONE lucky winner the chance to produce their next single with award winning musician Shatta Wale funded by Youngtrepreneurs.
Participants will embark on a four day knowledge-practical filled workshop by our advanced guest instructors focusing on the business side of the industry. On the last day of the workshop, producers will be given 60 minutes to create a 60 second instrumental from scratch to present to Shatta Wale. The chosen instrumental selected by him, will be granted as the winner who wins the feature.
- Radio & TV Interviews.
- Proffessional Photography.
- A proffessionally shot music video.
- Proffessionally mixed, recorded & produced single featuring Shatta Wale.
- Artist gets % of royalities and publishing on all digital streaming platforms.
- Three month Radio, Digital & TV promotional campaign for your single & video.
Each participant registered onto our workshop is eligible to 30 days FREE legal consulting from Whitestone Solicitors and Consultancy, registration fee's waived for FREE sign up to songtrust. Which is a global digital rights management platform which allows songwriters and artists to manage their music publishing and related rights.
Applicants can register for FREE and once your application has been reviewed and you are shortlisted, then you will be sent an invoice and instructed on how to make payment.
Four day workshop fee is 800 GHC. Single day workshop fee is 400 GHC.
Installment payments can be made but slots are limited. Please read T&C's for more information.
- Master Garzy - Award winning producer and audio engineer.
- Kuvie - Award winning producer and hit maker.
- Mandy Aubry - Director of Business Development at Songtrust
- Tope Salami, Esq - Entertainment Lawyer, Whitestone Solicitors and Consultancy.
- Breakfast & Lunch will be provided on each day.
- Each participant will be awarded a certificate accredited by Youngtrepreneurs.
You must fulfil this criteria:
- Between ages 21-35 years old.
- Must have at least three instrumentals to submit.
- You must bring your own laptop, producing equipment to join the workshop.
- Each participant must bring their ID. (Passport, Drivers license or birth certificate)
- Applicants outside of Ghana can apply, but must be available during workshop dates stated.
Applications close July 10th 2021. Good luck !
8 hoursMaster Garzy: Beat-Making, Mix + MasteringAccra, Ghana
8 hoursKuvie: Producing & Artist RelationsAccra, Ghana